Thursday 8 October 2009

Child Development Made Simple

Child Development Made Simple, should be the ideal for all parents, however the reality is probably very different. Child development is something that most of use will need to work at, but it seems easy for some, other like myself have to work at it. Through this article, I would like to share how I tried to achieve this.

When my first child was born, which isn't all that long ago ( 12 years ), I was either a bit slow on the uptake or in total shock, I can't remember which, but I had to learn fast. Child development
begins at an early stage as babies, where they simply act as human sponges soaking up everything around them.

Some child development theories indicate that this could begin even earlier, we have all heard about the reported benefits of playing music to a child still in the womb. If we get this right, early child development will provide them with the right stimulus can get them off to a great start. Child development made simple is possible, but first we need to understand the factors that can influence it.

Various factors can influence every aspect child development, including of physical, cognitive, social, emotional, and personality development. All those individuals and groups that the child comes into contact with, for example family members and peer groups can influence how children think, socialize, and become self-aware. Nutrition, medical care, and environmental hazards in the air and water can all affect the growth of the body and mind. The most important influence comes from the children themselves, which significantly during play and can influence their understanding of their experiences, how they respond to the people around them, choose activities, friends, and interests.

After years of parenting I have found myself reflecting back over time, wishing "If I could do it over again I would do a better job". A sentiment that I can guarantee is shared by many parents. If only I had the experience, wisdom or resources earlier, then perhaps I could have given my child a better start. If you are fortunate to have more than one child, then that experience gained can be utilised, adapted ( after all no two child is the same ) and applied.

One of the goals of this and my associated articles is to try and provide some practical guidance for those that care for children. Through this guidance it may be possible for the carer to support the healthy growth of the child. For example parents can provide better opportunities for intellectual stimulation or provide opportunities for the physical development through simple and fun exercises. This doesn't have to be rocket science, most is common sense and Child Development Made Simple is possible.

Child Development Made Simple further information.

No comments:

Post a Comment